Student visas are temporary and have a duration which lasts only for as long as the recognised course/s being undertaken.
Student visas come in many sub-categories all of which have their own special requirements, which varies on the course being taken and the specific Australian state where the student studies / intends to study.
May suit you if:
- Students, who have successfully enrolled for a course in a recognized Australian educational institution
- Professionals wishing to undertake work based training for the purpose of career advancement
Temporary Graduate Visa – SC485
This is a temporary visa which allows recent graduates from an Australian educational institution to work within Australia.
There are two methods to achieve the grant of a SC485 Visa – viz:
- Graduate Work Stream
- Post-Study Work Stream
You can only apply for this visa if you are in Australia at the time of application, and hold a current eligible visa.
SC485 would suit you if:
- You are less than 50 years of age
- you graduate with eligible qualifications and skills – relevant to an occupation on the current Skilled Occupation List (SOL)
- you only wish to live, study or work in Australia for 18 months
- you only intend to apply for this visa on one occasion (as the primary applicant)
- you meet the two-year Australian study requirement
- you have at least competent English (i.e average score > 7 on IELTS)