I am in a de facto relationship with an Australian and have been granted a provisional (SC820) partner visa, but because of personal violence and my intervention he now has an order against him. I have run away, so what will happen to my SC820?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • #1028

    Trevor Cuss

    If you have evidence that domestic violence has occurred such as a court order, police reports, photographs or other evidence, you may still be able to progress to permanent residence despite the fact that you have left and/or broken up with your violent/abusive partner and are thus no longer in your de facto relationship. Luckily there are provisions in the partner visa regulations that may allow the partner victim of domestic violence to be granted the permanent residence partner visa in these circumstances if all other criteria are met.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.